On 25th May 2018 new legislation comes into force on the use of personal data. The ‘General Data Protection Registration’ (GDPR) explains that individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data.
The statement I have set out below, tells you what personal information I collect from my website and why I hold this information, together with your rights about its use. Please read through this statement carefully, and prior to completing any contact forms, booking forms or other inquiries from my website.
Owner of Reflexmaster and Data Controller:
Dr Carol Samuel, PhD
Havant, Hants. PO9 3LU
Contact email: email@example.com
Type of Data collected on this website
Personal data, freely provided by you includes: full name, address, telephone and email detail, together with details of your professional membership organization, professional insurance and any declared medical conditions.
Cookies and statistical use data are captured automatically when using this website by third-party services to show how you interact with it, such services are used to maintain and update its functionality.
Analytical data capture processes information on daily activity to the site including the number of visits, return visits, first time visits, unique visits and page views.
Contact forms capture your full name and email address
Registration of interest forms capture your full name, address and email
Payment sections use PayPal to capture your personal data
Purpose of Data collected on this website
The data requested is a mandatory requirement to provide you with a safe and professional learning experience and to provide you with information on training and education at your request.
Users who are uncertain about which ‘Personal Data’ is mandatory should contact the Owner.
Using your personal data
Your personal data is used for the sole purpose of administering your registration on a workshop and is never shared with anyone else.
Your personal data are retained for a period of 12 months following completion of your training, to provide you with further resources and information on new/additional training provision.
Your commitment to privacy
If you are required to submit case studies as part of my training, any data submitted which may include health-related information, will be held by Reflexmaster for a period of seven years after your training was completed or until I cease to offer such training.
As a practitioner you are personally responsible for any third-party personal data you obtain, publish or share with your tutor. It is highly recommended that you obtain a signed privacy statement from any person on whom you keep records, including case studies. You will be required to submit a copy of that privacy statement along with any case study materials, to your tutor so that they may fulfil their role as your training provider.
How I manage and protect your personal data
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, your personal data is managed in accordance with GDPR and in a proper manner that requires appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
What information I hold and what I do with it
To provide you with professional learning opportunities and follow up support the following information will be held:
- Your contact details
- Case studies submitted (if relevant)
I will NOT share your information with anyone else other than appointed course tutors (for example if a complaint is raised), or as required for quality verification purposes by the accreditation organizations with whom I work, for legal process, or, on your request to confirm that you have completed my course satisfactorily) without explaining why it is necessary and getting your explicit consent.
I may contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
- Providing you with additional support material for the course/workshop for which you have registered
- Reflexology information or information related to ‘Supporting clients in pain’
- Future training events, special offers and promotions (you may unsubscribe from this at any time) by forwarding an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment handling such as PayPal use
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
On completion of a course, your personal contact details may be shared with organizations to whom my courses/workshops are accredited, such as the Association of Reflexologists, The Federation of Holistic Therapists or MNT-NR International. These organizations may contact you to ask you to provide them with feedback on the courses/workshops I provide as part of their CPD approval processes.
The Association of Reflexologists will retain your information for 6 months and will only contact you with respect to course/workshop feedback.
Additional data processing information involving legal action
Your personal data may, when required, be used for legal purposes in a Court of Law and/or to reveal such data to public authorities for use in such actions.
Your Rights under the new GDPR policy 2018
- The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access: To see your tutor’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification: To tell your tutor to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”): For you to request your tutor to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to request limits on how your tutor uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object: To be able to tell your tutor you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
- if you feel your details are incorrect,
- if they are not being used in a way for which you have given permission, or
- if they are being stored for longer than is required to administer your training
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk
Changes to this Privacy Statement
The right to makes changes to this Privacy Statement resides with the owner of this website. Changes made will be published on this page and you are advised to check any updates against previous versions at each visit.
I consent to you holding and using my information as outlined above and understand that I may withdraw that consent at any time by emailing email@example.com